Aug 4, 2009

Financial Independence – I Guess it Really Doesn’t Grow on Trees


No summer job definitely has got me bored, irritated, and let's not forget Penniless. Like honestly what's a kid gotta do to get a job during these hard economic times? Well I had too many things planned this summer to have a job is my excuse, in example I took a summer course and went on vacation so less than twenty days couldn't qualify me for a job so I just didn't bother looking.

But I still need money to have to spend on school supplies and such, if you have yet to notice my parents aren't a big source of income for me. I mean they pay for tuition and books and they do give me spending money somewhat, but that's me not asking. So it's not that they can't or won't I just believe it's good to have some type of independence. I mean your parents aren't going to be there every time you need some financial assistance.

At least for me it makes me feel better to know my parents will be there and strive very hard to help. But why cause trouble for them when you've done so much. I just think to save them the trouble and try to do it on my own, especially when it comes to purchases that it feels like you're blowing their bucks. I know secretly my parents are proud (maybe thankful) that I'm not asking them for money, for me that's a long time goal I'd like to achieve, to make my parents proud.

So unless its tuition, insurance, or family bills I believe parents should not have to worry about anything else unless you haven't had a job for a very long time, or ever. So do yourself a favor, when you're down on the rocks, don't go running to mommy! Try to learn from it and turn it to something positive.


As for me I'm distinguishing my wants and needs and trying not to run back into the pattern I had before.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, if you find that money tree lemme know where, 'kay? ;)

    I can relate. Even though I've got a job, my savings accounts are kinda bare... And I need to pay for books. Yikes.

    This summer has been hectic, and even with me making decent money, I haven't gotten ahead by much. :(

    ReplyDelete

Hey I'd like to hear what you think about my post, please leave a comment.