Dec 26, 2009

Nigerian Suicide Bomber- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab

Its all over the news, BBC, CNN, ABC, FOX, you name it's on there. I am Nigerian born and at first hearing about the attempted suicide attack I thought it was someone just born in Nigeria but was of Middle Eastern decent. As the investigations continued on his name began clearer especially to my dad. "That's the name of the former chairman of First Bank", and he was indeed. Supposedly he had informed the U.S. Embassy of this prior to the event but there was no evidence on his son which is why they did not put him on the no fly list.

I'll post a link below if you'll like to read more on it. Personally this a major shock for me, embarrassed? Not really, but I foresee that Nigerians will now be at the butt of all Terrorist jokes, that's easy to laugh off, I do not pay attention to things like that. What puzzles me was how he did it! The man had matches for goodness sake! Firstly as the son of a rich and very known man, I feel that he may had bribed the workers or the workers did not pay much attention to him because of his image. It is very easy to bribe people at the airport. I went to Nigeria this summer, similar route and all, using KLM from Nigeria to Amsterdam, and Delta Airlines from there to New York City. The Murtala Muhammed International Airport is very unorganized, at least as of early August of 2009, signs are hard to locate, malfunctions are ever so prominent, and on top of that bribing is far worse in the airport than under the desk of government officials. Which equals to easy slip ups. What just puzzles me is how Amsterdam was able to miss it.


The Story from Telegraph News UK

What are your concerns about this ever so developing story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey I'd like to hear what you think about my post, please leave a comment.